CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Remembering 9/11

This morning when I stepped out of my front door and saw the American flag flying in my yard, I couldn't help but think back to the morning of 9/11. Every year I try to remember the events of that day so that I won't forget. I know I will never forget the horror I felt that day as I watched the World Trade Center crash to the ground from my living room couch. I never want to forget what our country went through that day and the days and weeks following that day. I am so thankful to live in place that is far from danger, but I feel for those people that are always put in harms way. With Brett joining the military, I feel my patriotism is growing and getting stronger. This country is a land of freedom, but with that freedom comes great responsibility and great sacrifice. I am so thankful for the firefighters that fought so hard to save as many people as they could on 9/11, and I am so thankful for our military that are fighting right now so we can be safe at home in our beds tonight. I pray we will all remember 9/11 and how it has changed each of our lives.

1 comments:

Jessica

I was expecting my first. I had been given a shot to help me sleep and Craig called and woke me up. I went out and turned on the TV. I had to sew to stay awake to watch all the news coverage. I ended up going into labor and having Rachel at 3:17 in the morning on Sept 12. I will never forget that day.