CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Need Some Help

I am taking a photography class and we had to bring in what we thought was some of our best work. I found some pictures I liked and my class decided which ones they liked. I don't know if I agree with them on which ones were the best, so I am asking you, who read my blog, which ones you think are the best. If you want to leave a comment as to why you like it, that would be helpful. If not, please take my poll. I don't mean to sound desperate, I just want to know what everyone thinks. There is a poll on the side of my blog for you to vote for your favorite. Without further ado, here they are:
(I tried to make the pictures bigger, but this is as big as I could make them without cutting the pictures off. I hope this helps!)

1.

2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.

6 comments:

Pays

I like both #1 and #2 the best. I really like the red reflection from the boat in the water on #1. #2 has very nice lighting and reflection as well. Hope that helps!

KariMarie

I like #3 the best. I don't know too much of the photography language, but it seems as if I can tell a story about it. The right parts in focus and I like the subtle colors. I am also partial to outdoor photos. I would say #1 is my second choice. The coloring is beautiful and the positioning of the boat and dock near the grass line are perfect.

Liz

Can you change the size so the pics are bigger? That's a lot of pics to make big, but here's how to do it: Go in and edit the post in the html view. On each picture delete the height and width-just select the words height and width and the numbers behind them and delete them. Then look for s400 in the script of each picture. Change each one to s800 and they'll all be the original file size. That may help us judge better. :)

Liz

Thanks for the enlargement. I chose #5 because of the colors. I really liked the first and third, but felt there needed to be more editing involved to make the sky not seem so drab. But they're all GREAT!! Good job Kristi and way to go for taking a class in this :)

Amanda

I voted #1. I think the colors of the boat are brilliant and the water looks so calming and I like how the boat is off-center. I also really like #3 a lot but I think because it reminds me of my childhood in North Carolina so I had to consider that in my voting. So to not be bias I went with #1.

M & S

They're all beautiful, but I also went with #1. I don't know much about photography technique, but I just liked the colors and it just seemed like something I'd like to put up in my house. #3 was nice too- it either reminds me of excited little kids running toward the beach or an older couple taking a relaxing walk together. (wow, I'm deeper than I thought) Miss you guys!