CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

So, everyone I have talked to from NJ has told me that it doesn't snow very much here. Well, we had a snow storm yesterday and got so much snow it set records. Philadelphia got 22 inches and parts of NJ got 24 inches. This morning, we measured ours and we had 18 inches. Now being a Utah girl, I have driven in lots of snow. It doesn't really phase me much. But people from NJ were freaking out. I swear no one knew how to drive yesterday! I am also use to life continuing like normal even when there is a foot of snow on the ground. Not here! Yesterday, (before there was a lot of snow) our ward party was canceled. And today, church was canceled. We were pretty snowed in, but having everything canceled it not something I am use to. Brett and I were pretty unprepared for the snow storm. We kept thinking that we wouldn't have much snow, so we kept forgetting to buy a snow shovel. Well, we really needed it today! Our neighbors were nice enough to let us borrow theirs. Guess we need to go buy one!! I am attaching some pictures so you can see how much snow we got, a couple of the kids because my mom is going through withdrawals because she doesn't get to see them everyday anymore, and one of our Christmas tree. I hope everyone is having a warm and happy night as they are scurrying to get ready for Christmas. I know I am scurrying!! Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Pays

My sister lives in D.C. They got 20 plus inches. She was supposed to fly out here over the weekend, but all the flights were cancelled. I guess no one knows what to do back there with that much snow. I'm glad you are all trained to handle the snow :)

KariMarie

First off, Ty is so cute. I wish we had some snow. I don't think we are going to get any this year. I'm sure all that snow can be a headache especially when many don't know how to drive in it and all is canceled, but that's what happens here when we just get a dusting. HAHA It's ridiculous. Have fun in it for us!